G. W. Jernigan Chaves County, New Mexico

G. W. Jernigan, residing eighteen miles east of Weed, in Chaves count)-, owns three hundred and twenty acres of land in Quano canyon, and is engaged in farming and stock raising. He came to the Territory in 1884 and located on Black river, below Carlsbad. In 1890 however, he removed to his present ranch, and has since engaged successfully in the stock business, while to some extent he has followed farming. He has a very fine stock ranch located in Chaves county, and is raising high grades of cattle. His place is now well equipped for carrying on this business, and desired results are attending his efforts, making him a substantial citizen of his community.

Moreover, he takes a keen interest in affairs to the extent of giving tangible support to many movements for the general good.

BackNew Mexico County Biographies

Source: History of New Mexico, Its Resources and People, Volume II, Pacific States Publishing Co., 1907.

©New Mexico American History and Genealogy Project 2011 - 2017
Created 1996 by Charles Barnum & 2016 by Judy White