Cimarron Colfax County Newspaper

The first newspaper at Cimarron, then the County seat of Colfax County, was printed in 1872 or 1873 by Mr. Dawson, the enterprise being owned by the Maxwell Land Grant Company. Coogler succeeded Mr. Dawson as editor, and Thomas Henderson and "Colonel" Henry Whigham ran it later. When the County seat of Colfax was removed to Springer, the paper ceased publication.

NM AHGP | Newspapers of New Mexico

Source: History of New Mexico, Its Resources and People, VolumeI, Pacific States Publishing Co., 1907.

©New Mexico American History and Genealogy Project 2011 - 2017
Created 1996 by Charles Barnum & 2016 by Judy White