Colfax County Stockman

The Colfax County Stockman at Springer was founded in April, 1881, by the Northern New Mexico Cattle Company, composed of Senator Dorsey, M. W. Mills. Jacob Taylor, Jack Howell. The company afterward leased it to Captain Henry Sturges who conducted it for ten years. Since September 16, 1893, the Stockman has been owned and edited by Joseph Frank Hutchinson, who bought the plant from the cattle company.

NM AHGP | Newspapers of New Mexico

Source: History of New Mexico, Its Resources and People, VolumeI, Pacific States Publishing Co., 1907.

©New Mexico American History and Genealogy Project 2011 - 2017
Created 1996 by Charles Barnum & 2016 by Judy White