Guadalupe County Democrat, New Mexico

The Guadalupe County Democrat, established in October, 1902, by Manuel Martinez and W. C. Burnett at Santa Rosa, after the election continued under the management of Crescenciano Gallegos and W. C. Burnett until the fall of 1905, when it was purchased by T. D. Morse. January 1, 1903, the plant was moved to Puerto de Luna, then the County seat. The legislature that year changed the County to Leonard Wood and moved the County seat to Santa Rosa. The paper returned to Santa Rosa in 1904 and the name was changed to Santa. Rosa Sun.

NM AHGP | Newspapers of New Mexico

Source: History of New Mexico, Its Resources and People, VolumeI, Pacific States Publishing Co., 1907.

©New Mexico American History and Genealogy Project 2011 - 2017
Created 1996 by Charles Barnum & 2016 by Judy White