Roswell Record, New Mexico

The Roswell Record was established March 6, 1891, by J. D. Lea, and ran as a daily until March 2, 1903, when the daily appeared under the direction of C. E. Mason and H. F. M. Bear. Mr. Mason is now business manager and George A. Puckett is editor. The weekly edition is also maintained.

The Roswell Register established in 1888 and now owned by C. E. Mason, established a daily edition March 2, 1903, under the management of R. S. Hamilton, but it lasted only a few days.

The Roswell Tribune, a weekly, was consolidated with the Register in February, 1906.

NM AHGP | Newspapers of New Mexico

Source: History of New Mexico, Its Resources and People, VolumeI, Pacific States Publishing Co., 1907.

©New Mexico American History and Genealogy Project 2011 - 2017
Created 1996 by Charles Barnum & 2016 by Judy White